From Mods Repository Wiki
- This example will use the Stock ModWarfare as base.
- Use WinRar to extract the "Weapons" folder from iw_11.iwd in CoD4/main into
Now, to actually mod the weapon you want. In this example we'll use the AK47.
- Go into [cod4_path]/Mods/ModWarfare/weapons/mp
- Open 'ak47_mp' with notepad.
- Look at the strange complicated mess of code. Everything is fairly self-explanatory once you figure out the pattern.
For example: fireTypeFull Auto
Fire type can be "Single Shot", "Full Auto", "2-Round Burst", "3-Round Burst", or "4-Round Burst". Without the quotes. Be sure to type it in exactly.
Let's changed it to: fireType2-Round Burst
If you're having trouble finding certain lines, use the search function (cntrl+f) then put in "fireType".
So, next we'll change the clipsize.
Original: clipSize30 Mine: clipSize20
Optionally, you can adjust the other ammo stats, such as maxAmmo, dropAmmoMin, dropAmmoMax to fit. IE if I changed the gun instead to have a 300 round clip, but left the 'maxAmmo' attribute as the original, you would only be able to hold 1 clip at a time.
Here are example codes for weapon damage:
- damage100 - Base weapon damage, I think enemies have 200 health, since all the one-shot kill weapons are 200 damage.
- minDamage85 - I can only guess that this means the weapon ranges between 85 and 100, ie 85-100 damage.
- meleeDamage200 - This is 'knife' damage. The reason this code is in EVERY weapon, but ALL the same value, is because in the original call of duty games each weapon had a different melee damage, because the melee attack was 'rifle-bash'. So pistol-whipping did less than M1 Garand-whipping.
- maxDamageRange1024 - Not sure on these values, I think it means that at 1024 units, the weapon deals the max damage (100).
- minDamageRange2400 - And at 2400 meters, it deals the minimum damage (85). You'll notice that shorter-ranged weapons have smaller values (shotguns, pistols, etc)
- playerDamage50 - How much damage the gun deals to the player from the hands of an enemy. No idea how much health the player has. I think 200, but different difficulty settings may change that (or damage modifiers).
So, let's changed it to:
- Once modded, save the file (no extension);
- Using Winzip or Winrar(but using .zip not .rar) open up the following file:
- Place the all weapon's folder inside this IWD
- To test locally you can now start the Multiplayer Executable, select Mods>ModWarfare and start a new server.
Extra Information by "Zaphax" 
".zip files and folders"
You can make as many .zip files in your mod folder but you must know what kind of folders to put.
Example we make "weapons.zip" file and place "textures" folder in it and place all the texture files to the folder so that you will remember what kind of files in the .zip file cause you named your file weapons so you know its everything or something about weapons so you could add either weapon textures to the .zip file or make everything including weapon scripts and weapon textures/skins the game automatically takes and uses your .zip files it opens them up but if there is "unreadable" files or folders it will not use them in your mod if they have normal names like: "skin" "weapons" "textures" "server" "admin" "script"
I mean normal names but folders are recommended to have lower cased letters like "skin" NOT! "Skin" or "SKIN" copy.
"How to make a mod (easy)"
This is very simple and easy guide how to make a mod.
Copy the "ModWarfare" folder to cod4/mods/ then rename to the name you want your mod to have so use any lower case or uppercase it will show the way you make it. There are 2 ways to edit your mod. First way is just editing by your likings or second way by deleting all and doing it all from scratch.
1. Edit the current files, delete some, replace some, add some.
2. Delete all the files and place your own files like .zip files that includ scrips or skins or even maps.
ModWarfare is allowed to copy, edit but DO NOT USE IT FOR COMMERCIAL USE!
ModWarfare is just a demo mod that previews what or how you could make mods but its premade mod like prefabs for "Radiant"
This information was written by "Zaphax"