From Mods Repository Wiki
- The texture is under Textures>Usage>Decal
Note: Those textures might not 'blend' as good as the one described below!
- The texture name ends by _blend
How to: Basic alpha-blend
- Here we have a terrain Patch made using the plain texture makin_terrain_grass_dark_patchy
- Select the patch and clone it (press Space bar and re-align the new patch EXACTLY on topp of the original)
- Select a different Texture that has _blend at the end, i'll use peleliu_foliage_palm_fronds_flat_blend in this example.
- Now Delesect all by pressing ESC and open the Advanced Patch Editing tool using Y, select the same option as shown below:
Now you have two option, either blend or un-blend:
- Blend: Press and keep holding ALT and use LMB to make the _blend texture appear on top of the plain
- Un-blend: Press and keep holding ALT and use RMB to make the _blend texture dissappear and show the plain
- Results after a few clicks:
Same, on Water
For the water you can alpha-blend the same way except there is no plain texture, just the water_dynamic in my example below:
How-to: More than 2 layers
If you have more than 2 layers (e.g 1 pain + 2 _blend) then you cannot use the above technique of using the allow soft selection on unselected patched since it would blend the 2 _blend textures.
- For this one you need to use the 3D-view and RMB on the patches to select the _blend you wish to alpha-blend:
- now you use the Y Tool as above but with the allow soft selection on unselected patched not selected.